Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Finished!

A very busy week with many days in town and even spending the night at my sister's house just to save a bit of time.  That was a good choice though as the cousins got to spend some time together.

I blocked the Hippy Go Lucky Shawl yesterday and will start putting on the 792 bits of fringe tonight.  It turned out to be 36" x 36" before the fringe.  The link goes to the pattern page on Ravelry if you want to purchase the pattern as it is now available and is on sale until the end of the week!

To cut all those fringe I used a hair pin lace frame.  I started out with the cross bars further apart but the yarn was pulled too tightly on the up rights and was going to make the fringe be different lengths.  I moved the cross bars closer together and it worked perfectly.  This went quickly.  After winding on for a while I cut up the middle of only one layer.


I also picked up a test crochet from DanaRaeknits. It is called Scrappy Granny Pillow.  I'll let you know when she releases the pattern.  I used leftover sock yarns to make this pillow.  It is made using one large granny square turned on the diagonal to cover the pillow.  It was quick and fun too.  There is also a knitted version coming soon.


I haven't made very much progress on the sample knit for the Longmont Yarn Shoppe, as I was knitting only on the Hippy Go Lucky Shawl.  I finished one repeat finally yesterday.  I didn't do any more spinning but will be at the DeLaney Farm in Aurora, Colorado this Saturday and will be doing more sock spinning.

I will have pictures of the finished shawl, the progress on the sample knit, sweater knitting and sock spinning.

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment