Wednesday, August 14, 2019

A Taste of Normal

I have had a small taste of normal this week.  My youngest went back to school yesterday, his first day of middle school and the others go back the middle of next week.  I am very excited to get back to some routine and schedule.

This week I did a quick photo shoot for the Hippie Go Lucky Shawl that I finished test knitted.

Here is a picture of blocking.  Without fringe the finished size is 36" x 36".



Here are all the fringe that I cut using that hair pin lace frame I shared last week.



Here is the finished shawl spread out on some rock steps at an out door mall in Aurora, Colorado.



I also took one with it draped over a fire hydrant to show the size better.



I wore it in this style this morning and like it very much.



This week I started another test knit for DanaRaeKnits.  It is the knit scrappy pillow.  It will be finished with the mattress stitch, which I still have to learn.  Here is the very beginning of that pillow.  It is a square worked from the center out.  I used a multi-color yarn that you see in the picture from Oink Pigments.  Sorry I have no idea on the color name or the base.  All I can tell you is the it is a fingering weight yarn.  What you don't see in the picture is the second color I am using.  It is Forest Heater from Knit Picks on their Stroll base.



I made it to a new yarn shop this past weekend!  It is called Knot Just Yarn and is in Denver, Colorado.  This shop is so new that their website isn't even up yet, but the doors are open! They have yarn in many weights, no lace, yet and spinning fiber.  They have these available from indie dyers as well as commercial companies.  I'm really excited to get involved there and meet some people who are a bit more local than Longmont.  I love you Longmont Yarn Shoppe!

At the new shop I bought a kit from Koigu to make the Colourscape cowl.  I have decided that it will be my beginning of school celebration knit.  I will start it next Wednesday at the Stanley Market Place in Aurora, Colorado.

Here are my tiny hanks of yarn.




I have been making progress on the sample that I am knitting for the Longmont Yarn Shoppe, but still no photo, sorry.  I do have a picture of the yarn its details.  It is Lunar Lace from Shibui in the Fjord colorway.



Here is a photo of the progress I am making on my Sparkling Leaves Sweater test knit for Jill Karina.  I am hoping to finish the color work this week and get into the body of the sweater.


Today I added a team to Spin Together for the competition that is in October.  It is the Woolly Weirdos.  I am hoping to meet some more spinners on the Eastern Plains of Colorado by doing this.  I am really excited for this year's competition to be on a team that will hopefully have more local team members.  Registration opens September 1st!  This link goes to our Ravelry thread in the Spin together group.  This is to the Woolly Weirdos blog, which I have slacked on but will try to up with monthly now.

Here is a picture of a fellow Weirdo and I spinning in the studio where Woolly Weirdo meetings are held.







Also this past weekend, I did some 1930s reenacting at the DeLaney farm in Aurora, Colorado.  Here I am on the front porch of the Gully house there.  It is the oldest still standing house in Aurora, Colorado.  It was built in 1866.




Until next time keep on making!

No comments:

Post a Comment