Monday, October 22, 2018

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

The last few weeks have been crazy, Spinzilla, mud and just plain busy last week so I didn't get to posting.  Hoping to get some normal back for a few weeks before the holidays come.  I thought I'd put together a post that has a little from each thing I've been working on and of course how Spinzilla went.
I spun a total of 4,825 yards.
I ran out of bobbins and spun almost all the fiber in the bin.  I of course didn't finished my lace weight yarns.

I learned, truly learned the backwards long draw and can't wait to apply it to Orenburg spinning.
I have done very little spinning since Spinzilla, there just hasn't been time and I still am out of bobbins.

Let's start with crochet.
I finished the Unicorn poncho, thus finishing my first Christmas gift for the year.  My youngest son was a good sport to wear it as long as I didn't get his face.


I also made and sewed the pockets onto my Coatigan of many colors.  I will put the pattern notes in the project page on Ravlery.
I made each pocket and left a really long tail to sew them onto the jacket.  I pinned them to the jacket using double pointed knitting needles.
I pinned them 9 clusters from the edge and 15 rows up from the bottom.

I then whipped stitched them into place leaving the top open.  I have been pleased with the final results.  At first I was afraid they were too low, but after a couple of weeks of wearing they are perfect.  They are tight enough to hold keys and hair ties, but not change or meds.  They are warm though.  I have one more thing I want to do to make this jacket complete, add a tassel to the hood.  I am waiting for a pattern from Hunter Hammersen that has how to make a tassel in it, then I will make mine and have a finished picture.

For Christmas I am working on crocheted Victorian ornaments and the band from the dive bar in Star Wars.  I will also be redoing a design from 13 years ago to make a dolly for a gift.

I am about to finish a hooded shark blanket that is for the brother of the one who gets the unicorn.

On the knitting front, I have been working diligently on my West Knits Marled Mania for Make It With Wool 2018.  It should be done in time.  I have had to do one sleeve 3 times and the other twice, but it will be worth it.
I am still moving slowly on the designing and knitting of my Mom's birthday present.  I will be able to spend more time there once my sweater is finished.
I started a pair of gloves for my best friend for his birthday in December.
I also started a pair of leg warmers to wear with my Make It With Wool sweater.  Which by the way is November 3rd.  Must knit faster or more or both.
I'm working on the last what I call Port sock for a pattern for a sock design worked both from the toe up and from the cuff down, hoping that will one day be a class I teach.

I am planning a weaving project.  It is going to be cotton dish towels.  I'm going to warp all 4 of them on at once and use different weft patterns.  These are just for fun, not gifts or anything.  I AM going to follow all the directions this time so I get a better product.  The waxed paper and yarn are both sitting with my ridged heddle and just waiting.

I think that sums it up.  Hoping to get some dying in soon, when I do I'll share that here, maybe next time.
I will not post next week as it will be just all this same stuff.  I will post the following week with results from Make It With Wool 2018 and finished objects.

Happy Halloween!
Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment