Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Kokoleka

This post for Kokoleka will be covering the edging and how I got to the design choices I did.


The top needle is a US 00 needle. The nupps are too far apart and the stitches are too open. When I swatched using larger needles and yarn to make the work go faster I really like the way it turned out.


As you can see by the picture with the brown and white, working with the smaller needles and thread I was not getting the same results. Also I'm not really sure what I was thinking because working nupps in darker colors you lose the nupps. When I was working the nupps they were  also time consuming because of the smaller thread and needles. I do like the way they look as singles and will probably put them into the design somewhere else but knew that clustering them as I did in the pink swatch, was not going to work. So back to the drawing board we went.


The new edghing design is completely open and lacy. It goes quick and I really like it. Believe it or not, it takes more thread and than the nupps did. I was able to rip out the work that I had done and didn't like, because it is 100% silk it's slick and it is easy to rip, and when I reknit it, I didn't get as far as I had when I was working the original design.

As I am working on Christmas presents and getting ready for the holidays with children being home, baking, cooking and decorating I have not had any time to work on Kokoleka. Because of that this will be the last update on Kokoleka until February, when I hope to have more work done on it and something to show.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

No comments:

Post a Comment