Friday, October 27, 2017

Kokoleka

Welcome to Kokoleka second edition. I will talk about gauge, yarn and needle choice and share about how many stitches there will be in the finished piece.

The yarn is 100% silk, a 2/120. 600 yards to 10 grams. I bought 150 grams of the brown which is 9000 yards and 10 grams of white.



For the gauge swatch I used a Chiaogoo mini interchangeable in US size 00. Blocked and relaxed it averaged 19 stitches and 20 rows per inch.



I had to know how many stitches were in the swatch so after some quick math I learned that there were about 2000. I weight the swatch to then see how many stitches I had enough yarn to make. It didn't weight enough to register so I got creative.


The tea weighed 1 gram. I divided the tea into two fairly equally parts, added the swatch and ta da 1 gram. So I don't knoe the exact weight of the swatch but it is about 0.5 grams. Therefore 1 gram maked about 4000 stitches, so total I have enough yarn to knit about 6,000,000 stitches, plenty of yarn I'm sure.

I now have enough info to start planning my design. I know I want it to be Orenburg construction and all in garter stitch. More on that next time!

Keep stitching and Happy Hallloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment