Friday, April 21, 2017

Hello Out There...

Hello Fibreland!

I have been working to get the squares ready for killing so that i could post that, however i hit a substantial snag this week. I've been working so much with the acrylic yarn that i had an allergic reaction!
Yesterday I packed up all the acrylic and put it away. I will very slowly return to it over the next month or so. In the meantime I will be working a lot on Aurora. I have decided to enter it it into the Adams county fair, which is the end of July. Below is a progress picture. I just worked my last increase row, noted by the gray rose, yesterday.




I am about to start my 3rd ball of yarn. Tonight I will stitch the hood closed and do some measuring and see how far I have to go. The finished pattern will be seamless. When I started this was going to be a large shawl, not a full length hooded cloak. Because of that I cast on for a shawl and only had three balls of yarn. Last week I dyed three more balls of yarn and am quite pleased with the results. The dye jobs are 18 months apart.


I may have a lot of extra yarn now, we'll see.

Happy stitching everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment